02 August, 2011

Comments from 1 August


colspt said...
That's a little bit of good fortune.

FOTH, I don't think I've told you how much I appreciate the steady way you keep these chapters coming. Thank you, thank you.

Well, thank you for reading and for helping to keep the discussion going! I really appreciate everyone’s patience as we try to get this blog situation figured out and working smoothly.

AlaskaSue said...
Oh Fantastic! I have to say, too, that sometimes I feel exactly like Einar when I'm in the mountains (even with full access to plenty of oxygen!) -- sometimes it just takes you away with it's beauty, not matter the season or the weather. He is so much a part of the place that it's good to see him able to find joy, whether it's due to sufficient oxygen or not, and I sure understand Liz' concern! Some days though, when the delicate traceries of mist curl around a mountain shoulder, or a big puff of cloud just nestles right into a glacier bowl with the sun sparkling off the dew and lighting up the wildflowers, well, all one can do is thank God for His gracious love that gave us such beauty and the eyes and the heart to see!

Beautiful image of your home there in the mountains, Susan, with the glacier and wildflowers, and you’re right--sometimes the wonder of it all does leave one in wordless amazement. It would be difficult for Einar not to find joy in that, I think, no matter his circumstances. And sometimes there’s just no better place to be than balancing on the edge of the world…

Anonymous/Philip said...
Off Topic of Mountain Refuge (which everyone knows Gram Pa & the Kidd love!!!!)

philip offers, for the acknowledgment of all, the purchase, 08 01 20011, of his New Home: "Small Beginnings"

a 27 foot Dodge Motor Home. This is prayers answered.

Thank you Heavenly Father, for "Small Beginnings", May, that it Serve YOUR purpose, in my life.

philip


Philip, I’m so happy to hear of this answer to your prayers. Congratulations on your new home! Sounds just perfect for you.

May your "Small Beginning" lead to great things, and always be a blessing to you, and to others in your life.

Anonymous/CC said...
You know, finding hides might be something that happens from year to year. Occasionally anyway. Hmmmmm.

-CC

Hunters almost never pack out the hides around here. I’ve got ahold of quite a number that way, both deer and elk--just stumbling across them.

Anonymous/Meplat said...
No need to say anything. I’m just stirring the pot. Trying to wake up the troops. Hummm.... Is that trolling? ;)

Meplat

Not if you mean what you’re saying…

FrRichard said...
Excellent chapter. I believe they both know what is going on, the risks and rewards; yes he may need to work at healing as much as she needs to prepare for the new little one; but they need to do it together. I would not be in favor of her walking out at this point in time; I believe they are right where they need to be....
Keep up the great story, and let's get back to some cliff hangings again....
God bless

I can’t believe it! Someone is asking for the cliff hangers to return… Don’t worry. They will be back.

Yes, Liz knew what she was getting into from the beginning, and while Einar is obviously not easy to live with, I don’t think she’s about to leave, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment