18 October, 2012

Comments from 17 October


I'm taking off for a few days, will probably be able to post a chapter tomorrow but they will be out in the hills so it will be a few days until the next one.  Thank you all so much for reading and for your comments.


Anonymous said…
Thanks FOTH:
I cannot imagine how hard it must be to write this. It is gut wrenching to read. I don’t know if I envy or pity those men who have never been to see the varmint. Those who have not will always wonder if they would measure up. Those who have, no matter what they did, will still question if they did measure up. No matter what it looks like to the rest of the world, you know what you felt, some of it you know but do not understand, and you question weather it was right. I hope the dead find understanding and peace.
Mike 

Some things are difficult to find in this life, aren’t they?

Yeah, hard to write and I imagine hard to read also, sometimes I have not been sure whether it should be written at all, but here it is.

Thanks for reading.  I appreciate the things you have to say.


Anonymous said…
We had a man captured off of 290m scraper one day as we were returning back to a special forces camp we were building,drug him off into the jungle. About a year later he escaped, the vc had kept him in the same area all the time used him as a slave. He died a few years ago, A really bad thing about it he had to fight the VA till the day he died.
Bob SE209

Some battles may not be worth fighting.  I am sorry that your friend had that additional struggle to face, on top of everything else life gave him.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing this story, I believe it really needs to be told.
    Mike -- you are exactly correct, I wonder if I ever would have measured up! This has bothered me for many a year now, to this day, even though I spent 25 years in uniform, I never had to go through the hardships other did. My 2 brothers did, one still does, the other died of cancer a few yrs ago they say was from agent orange. So thank you both. Prayer is still key for me.

    ReplyDelete